The release is currently scheduled for late September, so start planning your upgrade today!
WHAT’S NEW IN VANTAGEPOINT 3.5?
This release includes new features and enhancements that focus on the key Vantagepoint roadmap themes of dashboards and advanced analytics; project management; reimagination and innovation. Here are a few of the highlights:
- Better revenue forecasting – with a new revenue forecasting tool, PMs can create revenue forecasts for individual projects and easily update as needed
- Simpler expense reports – capture receipts and populate expense reports with Intelligent Character Recognition to make expenses easier than ever
- Greater project insight – drill down in project review to see details for expenses and consultants to better monitor project delivery
- Enhanced visibility – with new drill down capabilities on projects and an enhanced pipeline dashpart, PMs can better monitor pursuits and projects
- Improved marketing automation – easily add estimates to proposals, add multiple contacts to marketing campaigns and create SF330s to make marketing tasks simpler and more streamlined
- And Much More!
With the elimination of support for Microsoft Windows 7 and 8, Deltek will no longer support Windows 7 and 8 with the Vantagepoint 3.5 release.
PLANNING FOR YOUR UPGRADE
As you continue to plan for your upgrade to Vantagepoint, the available cloud upgrade windows for Vantagepoint 3.5 are listed below and available in the Deltek Support Center for you to opt into. Reminder: you must opt in at least 3 weeks prior to the upgrade date to be included.
- October 9, 2020
- December 11, 2020
- January 22, 2021
- February 19, 2021
Additional dates in 2021 will be communicated in the near future.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
1. Request CCG’s Vantagepoint Readiness Report: The first step in preparing for a Vantagepoint migration, this Vision 7.6 custom report reviews your entire database configuration and provides you with the following details:
• Potential duplicate vendors and clients
• List of all your workflows
• List of all your user-defined fields and grids
• Custom report files in use
• Duplicate columns across vendors and clients and across leads and contacts
• All key formats for various info centers
• Labor cross charge, overhead allocation, and revenue generation settings for all companies
• Database table size
• Unposted transactions, timesheets, expense reports, and transaction center files
• Plans that do not comply with Vantagepoint (iAccess) requirements
• Info center numbering that differs from your key formats
• User defined fields
2. Virtual Insight: Plan to attend Virtual Deltek Insight where the product management team will provide in-depth overviews of the latest features and enhancements to help your teams prepare for the latest release
3. Preview Environment: If you already have a Vantagepoint preview environment, your environment will be upgraded in the next few weeks so you can begin to explore Vantagepoint 3.5. Your administrator will receive a communication once the preview has been upgraded. If you need to request a preview environment, you can do so through the readiness portal.
4. Vantagepoint Readiness Portal: The readiness portal is your go-to resource to learn about Vantagepoint with feature overviews and highlights to help you prepare. The portal will be updated with content for 3.5 starting in mid-September.
5. Client Assistance Program (CAP) – the eight-week program provides necessary guidance for a successful upgrade to Vantagepoint. For more details and to register for the next session, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
SUPPORT LIFECYCLE UPDATE
Deltek is committed to providing the best support for your solution while still investing in the future of your product. The Deltek Product Lifecycle allows you to effectively plan your business with the comfort that Deltek will be here to support you and your solutions. As a reminder, there are three phases and levels of support – active, maintenance and sustaining.
Please note that Vantagepoint 2.0 will move to Sustaining Support in August 2020 and will not receive a year-end update.
For more details about these phases and to monitor the Deltek Vantagepoint Support Lifecycle, you can visit the Deltek Support Center and review KB Article #92694.
For further assistance, please contact email email@example.com